Alllmoooost....theeeeere.....

I'm stuck, ladies and gents.

I've been working on this epilogue for a month, off and on, now, and I keep thinking this isn't how I want to go with it. I almost have it done, but I've hit the wall, because I know something isn't clicking. I know in my subconscious this isn't how I want it to end. So now, for the last week I've written nothing. I thought to write the different endings I have in mind and pick whichever seems better, but I can't even do that.

So what I need to do, I believe, is to start from the beginning, finish up my odds and ends I got stuck on that I skipped over, and hopefully by the end I'll have it figured out.

I think I may know the problem, especially with the version of the ending I've started on and have yet to finish. It's with Josef.

I've made him soft.

He's not soft.

He's an asshole.

With a soft spot for Millie, and that's about it.

So if I go back to the beginning and read through, maybe I'll find my answer.

We shall see.

And now that spring is here, outdoor activities are taking precedence over my indoor activities. This year, however, I'm determined to finish this damn book once and for all. In my opinion, or maybe it's just me talking about my baby, the story is good. Yes, it has its flaws which I will fix in subsequent drafts, but I think the overall story is good.

Whether it's publishable good is another story. Only one way to find out. Finish the damn book and sub it out!

Oh, and also, I may be a wee bit obsessed with picking out pieces for the perfect 1920's outfit for the August Sesquicentennial celebration for my town. Doing a lot of research and scouring for that lately. Another time suck. Yesterday I played with my makeup aiming for a '20's day look.



Missing is some rouge for my cheeks, which I need to purchase. I think it turned out OK for someone who isn't a makeup artist. I have long hair and I really don't want to cut it (or do I?) just for this celebration, so I have to faux bob it somehow, and since I am in no way, shape, or fashion, a hair stylist, I will have to find someone to do it. I have found a nice peach dress, something Millie would have worn when she and Josef went to the Fourth of July celebration at the Thornapple Resort. I also have shoes and a cloche hat picked out. I'm more excited about dressing up than the celebration itself! I love dressing up, but rarely have the chance to do it.

So, instead of trying to find a solution to my epilogue problem, I went hunting for 1920's everything.

I need to get back to work.

Ooh...looky there, purses....

Comments