BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, December 17, 2012

New Look To The Blog.

I got bored of the autumn trees look, so I decided to go with this winter-themed look, at least until the end of winter (though winter has yet to show around these parts.). What do you think?

Also, I wrote another 2400 words the other day. My writing just comes in spurts, I suppose. Getting that much closer to the end, thank goodness. I'm already over 170,000 words into this novel, almost where I was when I wrote it the first time 15 years ago, and I'm only about halfway through the story of the original draft (which I have to split into two, no questions asked). The original draft is mostly irrelevant now, but some of the plot points remain. Im'ma gonna have to do some chopping I guess when editing time comes and do some real tightening of the prose, but I'll worry about that when the time comes.

6 comments:

DLM said...

It's a nice look!

And I envy your progress. Good for you, and you're right - do the editing when it's time to edit.

K.E. Skedgell said...

Thank you! I wish my progress was like this every day, but sadly it comes in spurts. I'd get more writing done more quickly, but then, sometimes after a time away from it I come back with different ideas for a scene that are actually better than I would have written it if I hadn't had the break. So it works to my advantage at times.

Diane Carlisle said...

It looks very literary, writerly.

Nice job!

K.E. Skedgell said...

Thanks, Diane!

randi lee said...

This looks gorgeous! Nicely done!

K.E. Skedgell said...

Thank you, Randi!